The Life of a Little Diva

Sunday, January 17, 2010

Growing Like a Weed










Thursday, Molly Grace had her first check-up with her new pediatrician. I couldn't be happier with the doctor we chose - he's so wonderful with her and spent so much time with us answering all our 'silly' questions!
Molly got a great report. She now weighs 5 lbs 7 oz (when we were discharged Monday she weighed 5lb 1 oz!). Her lungs sounded great and he was pleased with her eating. She did great. She's such a laid-back baby, she definitely got that from her daddy! I will claim the attitude! She goes back in 2 weeks - I can't wait to see how much she weighs then!
It's amazing how much better she's eating since we've been home. In the hospital they wanted her to eat 55 cc (not quite 2 oz) every 4 hrs. We were FIGHTING her to take that each time. Since we've been home, she has almost doubled her 24 hour intake! She's put herself on a 2-3 hr feeding schedule and we are happy to accomodate! Last night she actually tooke 90cc (3 oz) at 2 different feeding!! I was so excited!

Molly Grace is changing so much everyday. She's becoming more alert and awake. She turns her head toward our voices now. Yesterday, Jamey laughed and Molly Grace smiled and turned her head toward him! She loves her daddy! She's going to hate to see him go back to work tomorrow because he sits and holds her all day long! I love the way he loves her!


She got her first bath at home Wednesday night. She loves the warm water!









She still has a head full of hair. She hasn't lost any of it. I'm hoping she doesn't! Jamey said all along he hoped she had a ton of hair - he got his wish! He loves to give her mohawks and spike it!

Molly Grace seems to have her days and nights mixed up right now! She will sleep so soundly and still for 3 hours at a time during the day. But at night, she squirms, wiggles, grunts, groans, moans and hiccups all night long!! And she wakes up every 1-3 hrs thinking she's hungry! We're going to have to work on that! She's a noisy little thing!

No comments:

Post a Comment