We just got back yesterday from spending a week in our favorite place - Gatlinburg, TN. There is no way you can look at the mountain views, the wildlife, and the colors and doubt there is a God. He really showed off when He created those mountains! I love going over there. There's no other place like it.
I also turned 8 weeks pregnant yesterday! Our little peanut is the size of a large raspberry now. My morning sickness has kicked in full-force now. But I'm completely OK with that! I always said if I could just get pregnant, I would savor every moment of it and be thankful - and that's exactly what I'm doing!
We went last Friday for an ultrasound and the baby had definitely grown. We also got a really clear picture of the heartbeat and even got to hear it. It was a strong 141 BPM - perfect!
I love reading up on what's going on in there! Here's what's happening this week:
How your baby's growing:
New this week: Webbed fingers and toes are poking out from your baby's hands and feet, his eyelids practically cover his eyes, breathing tubes extend from his throat to the branches of his developing lungs, and his "tail" is just about gone. In his brain, nerve cells are branching out to connect with one another, forming primitive neural pathways. You may be daydreaming about your baby as one sex or the other, but the external genitals still haven't developed enough to reveal whether you're having a boy or a girl. Either way, your baby — about the size of a kidney bean — is constantly moving and shifting, though you still can't feel it.
It's still pretty amazing and a little unbelievable that there's a little human growing inside me! I can pretty much guarantee this little creature is going to come out wanting carbs and ice cream! That's all I want to eat!
Sunday, July 5, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment