The Life of a Little Diva

Sunday, September 2, 2012

Update on the Ears

Tuesday MG complained of her ears at naptime and again at bedtime. So Wednesday I took her to the pediatrician. Her left ear (the one that was already infected that we've been trying to clear up for 2 weeks) was still a little infected. Her right was was horribly infected. The doc couldn't see her eardrum at all and couldn't tell if the tube was still in - it's that pussy and yucky! So...she's back on an oral antibiotic for 10 more days plus we're continuing the drops. Today's Sunday and her ear is still smelly and draining, but she hasn't been complaining as much.
I hate that her ears are so horrible. It breaks my heart to think of the pain she's in all the time. She can't hear and her speech is suffering because of it, too. It's awful!
We're considering taking her to a specialist in Little Rock. Someone my in-laws know took their daughter there for the same kind of issues and she hasn't had trouble since. Our ENT is nice, but he's very old-school and I don't have much confidence in him. I love our pediatrician, but she can only do so much. I just want my baby to be all better!
Luckily, it hasn't put a damper on her spirit at all! Ha! She's still as spunky as ever!

No comments:

Post a Comment