It's always amazed me how a certain smell can trigger such a strong memory. Tonight I put on some lotion before bed. The lotion I chose was the same lotion I took with me to Memphis when my tiny little girl was in NICU. I used it everyday because my hands were so chapped from scrubbing up 4 or 5 times a day. As soon as I put it on tonight I immediately felt an overwhelming urge to break down in tears. I hadn't thought too much about our birth adventure in awhile, but tonight, with every breath I take in, I can't help but remember. I can remember and smile now, though! That was just a short season of our lives. The wonderful beauty of the past 20 months has been worth every tear that was shed!
Monday, September 5, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment