The Life of a Little Diva

Wednesday, February 24, 2010

8 Weeks

Molly Grace, you are 8 weeks old today!

Mommy's Full Name: Beth Thornton
Age When Pregnant: 27 -28
Current Age: 28
How Far Along Were You When You Found Out? 4 weeks
What was your first reaction when you found out? Shock and Excitement!
How did the dad react? Complete shock!
How did your parents take the news? Everyone was excited - we had all prayed for this for so long!
How did you feel about your first ultrasound? Once we saw the heartbeat, it seemed a little more real!
What month did you find out the sex? October 18!!
Where you happy about the sex? YES!! I wanted a baby girl!
What were your cravings? Burger King Whoppers, Carrots and Ranch Dip, Carbs in general
Did you exercise when pregnant? Randomly!
How much weight did you gain? I lost to much in the beginning that I never got above my pre-preggo weight
Did you get morning sickness? I was nauseous a lot, but I can't really complain
Did you enjoy wearing maternity clothes? I didn't wear many maternity clothes
What books did you read when you were pregnant? The Girlfriend's Guide to Pregnancy and What to Expect
Did you attend any pregnancy classes like Lamaze? We were signed up to attend classes 4 days after she surprised us with her arrival!
Overall, describe your pregnancy: It was really good - I loved almost every minute of it!

ABOUT THE DELIVERY
How did you know you were in labor? My water broke!
Did your water break? LOL See above!
What were your contractions like? Hell!!
How long were you in labor for? 19.5 hours
Epidural? Briefly - then they cut it off 2 hours before she was born
Who was in the delivery room? Just hubby (and a whole team of doctors, nurses, neonatologists...)
Was it an easy delivery? It was the polar opposite from an easy delivery!
Did you cry during labor? I didn't have the energy to cry - all the yelling took it out of me! lol

ABOUT THE BABY
Baby's full name: Molly Grace
Birth Date: December 30, 2009
Time Born: 3:24pm
Gender: GIRL!
Length: 19.75"
Weight: 5 lbs, 4 oz
What was the first thing you said to your baby? "I love you"
Who visited you and the baby at the hospital? My sister, parents and in-laws. My aunts, grandma and cousins visited while MG was in NICU still
Will you Breastfeed? Yep
What was the first night of being a parent like? Sad - she was in NICU and I could only see her once for a short time that first night
Did you get sleep? Some
When did you go home? I got released Jan. 1 - Molly came home Jan. 11

PRESENT TIME:
How old is baby now? 8 weeks
Who does baby look like? She has my eyes, Daddy's mouth and chin and someone's nose!
Been Baptized? No, that will happen when she's old enough to make her own commitment
Your baby's current milestone achievement? Smiling, giggling, squealing, grabbing, raising her head
What's your baby's favorite thing to do? Sleep and eat!
Your baby's favorite toy? Her hands
What is it like being a parent? It's the greatest thing ever!! And the hardest, most stressful, most tiring... :-)
Ready for another one? Ha!! Not likely!

No comments:

Post a Comment