The Life of a Little Diva

Friday, July 1, 2016

Spring Break 2016

March 25, 2016 
We've had a great Spring Break!  We've stayed at home mostly and just hung out. The weather has been ok-good enough to let us get out most days.  We're all completely off schedule and spoiled and ready for summer now!  
<p>
We started the week off with a birthday party for MG's BFF.  It was at the skating rink, MG had only been skating one other time and she was just 3 and didn't even remember it!  I wasn't sure how she would do, but she got out there and loved it!  She's pretty good, too!  


<p>
My favorite part has been all the snuggles and naps!  I know the time for these is limited so I've spent the week soaking it up (and spoiling her)!  

<p>
This girl loves being outside!  She cries at the back door to go out. She doesn't care if it's cold, windy, cloudy, she just wants out!  She's not a huge fan of her baby corral though!
<p>
We took her walker outside while MG skated and they both took off!  LK chased big sis down the street!  They both had a blast.  We ended up going to get MG some skates because that's all she talked about after the party!  She's already gotten her money's worth out of them!

<p>
When did my 6 year old turn 13?!  She just looks so grown. I love it/hate it!  One day Pap took her and he boys to the nature center. They had a blast!
<p>
We spent one afternoon shopping for Easter outfits at the mall with granny. We somehow ended up in Build-A-Bear and the bunny ears ended up on LK!  We thought it was sweet and funny, she didn't really agree!  Her face says it all!

<p>
LK suffered her first run in with the wall and ended up with her first knot and bruise.  She cried all of 3 minutes!  It hurt me a lot more than it hurt her!
<p>
Jamey had a load of gravel dumped in the driveway and I'm pretty sure that was MGs favorite part next to skating!  
<p>
I found some Resurrection Eggs at Walmart awhile back. I had forgotten about them so we've been doing 2 eggs a night to catch up. MG is eating it up and abets to open them.  Every time we open a new one she starts at the beginning and tells the story.  It makes me so proud of her!  She has compassion and sadness for the pain Jesus felt and I can see her absorbing the hugeness of what He did for us.  This is my favorite part of the week!
<p>
Big mouth frog (aka LK!) discovered the joy of hearing herself in the microphone!  She loves music, loves to dance and loves to "sing"!  
<p>
This little star sang her heart out on the karaoke machine, danced until she was out of breath then sat down to write a book!  

This week has been great!  My girls are so much fun and growing so fast!  I love being home with them!  We're ready to enjoy a great Easter weekend then start soccer practice Monday night!  

No comments:

Post a Comment