Thursday night we braved the fair. It was crazy crowded, but she had a great time. It's so amazing to see how much she's matured in the last year. She played lots of games and fed some goats. We rode the carousel, bumper cars and the big slide together. She even went through a blow-up obstacle course/slide all by herself and rode a horse ride all by herself! That's just unheard of in our world! I'm so proud of her! We were all exhausted the next day! I always hate fair week because my school kiddos stay out late and eat tons of sugar then come to school like little zombies. Well...that's exactly what I did to MG's teacher! Oops!
Friday night we took MG to the high school football game. One of my students was there and wanted to sit with us. Her and MG became the best of buddies. They chased each other, hung on the rails, and giggled like crazy! It was so fun to watch.
Saturday we took MG to Memphis to see Disney on Ice. I haven't seen it since I was MG's age! I'm not sure who was more excited. The show was great. She was mesmerized the entire time. She picked out a plush Belle doll and has carried it around ever since!
Sunday was a MUCH needed day of rest!
Today mom brought MG up to school so I could take her to OT. Her eye was really red and I immediately thought Pink Eye. I was really hoping it was just allergies, but our school nurse confirmed by fears! By the time we got home, her eye was swollen, really pink and really goopy. Thankfully, the pediatrician's office called in some drops. I was really dreading trying to put drops in her eyes, but once again she proved me wrong! She thought it was hilarious! All night she kept referring to her infected eye as her "bad eye"! It made me think of old people and their "bad ear"! Ha! She's a mess.
Not much else is happening. It's finally fall and we're loving these cooler temps. We're looking forward to some family hunting time! This weekend we have family pictures. I'm praying the sweet Molly shows up! We haven't had good pictures since her 2nd bday. We shall see...
I'm too exhausted to post any pics tonight. Hopefully I'll remember another day. Probably not, though!
No comments:
Post a Comment