The Life of a Little Diva

Wednesday, September 4, 2013

O/T

Today was MG's first OT session. It went great! Mom met me up at school with her this afternoon. MG had that "pissed off at the world" look on her face and mom said she had to wake her up to come. I was kind of terrified how it was going to go! She ate a snack on the way and pepped up a little. She was pretty reserved when we first got in there, hiding behind my legs and not wanting to talk. I sat down with them while she worked a puzzle then snuck out only a few minutes later and she was fine. I prayed the entire way there that her therapist would be compassionate and kind and someone who would be patient with MG. We got exactly that person! Mrs. Kim is young, soft spoken and very sweet. It's obvious she loves what she does and loves the children she helps. That made a huge difference for MG. I waited in the lobby, so I could only see her a little, but she got on the big swing, went down the slide, jumped on the trampoline, kicked the ball around and had a great time. She was smiling and just looked so confident. Made my heart smile, for sure! We stopped at Harp's for a Howl cookie on the way home. She's already excited to go back next week and play with Mrs. Kim!

No comments:

Post a Comment