The Life of a Little Diva

Saturday, November 10, 2012

Update on the Ears

We found a new ENT here in town...PTL!

I really like him, felt immediately at ease and just knew that's where we needed to be. We are scheduled for surgery on November 29th. They are going to take out the R ear tube and put a new set in both ears, take out her tonsils and remove her adenoids that have grown back! Her left ear is full of "gunk" so they will culture it in the operating room if it's still yucky when they get in.

I know this needs to be done. 2 ENTs have told us that now. I know it will make my baby better (hopefully) but I'm really nervous! Tubes and adenoids are nothing, we've been there 3 times already! But tonsils are new and scary to me. He says our biggest concern is going to be keeping her hydrated. As small as she is, she can get dehydrated fast. He said to pull out the tough love and make her drink...I told him I can't "make" her do anything! Ha!

No comments:

Post a Comment