First of all, we didn't even see the doctor we had to wait 3 weeks to see! We saw a resident, not even a "real" doctor! The resident came in a checked her out and MG was not happy. He had no idea how to relate to children. I'm thinking a children's hospital is NOT the place for him! Then his attending physician came in. The thing I hate about that is that she asked the resident questions about MG, instead of asking her parents who are sitting right there! I felt like my poor child was a health class for these residents (as 3 more stood at the open door observing!).
The totally miraculous thing is that her MRSA ear was 100% dry and clear! She said that is very rare. Oral antibiotics alone rarely clear up MRSA. It usually has to be suctioned out every day for a couple weeks. GOD IS SO GOOD!! He heard our prayers and He healed her! So it was a good appt in that sense. We also had her hearing checked and she (sort of) passed with flying colors! She flat-out refused to participate in the hearing test. She acted like she knew nothing and wouldn't even say a word or play that "games" that the audiologist tried to play with her. She did do the hearing screener though where she sticks something in her ears and measures something or other and she passed that! She said it's almost impossible for her to have any hearing loss after passing the screening. PTL!
The tube in her left ear (the one that the infection originally started in on August 9th)still has some fluid behind the ear drum and her tube is out - just floating around in there! But they don't want to replace the tube until she it gets infected again...which it will! And her tonsils are huge and have an odor, which means they need to come out. But they don't want to do that until they do the tube surgery. Grrr! All of this needs to be done, but they want to wait.
So...that's what we're doing! We're waiting! I feel 120% blessed that the MRSA cleared up on its own. I never want to make it seem like I'm not thankful for that. God is good and he answered our cries for healing. I guess I was really just wanting some longterm solutions to my poor baby's ear troubles. I know as her mom, I probably overreact and it's a lot more important to me than to others. So we will wait and trust in the Lord! Afterall, He loves her even more than I do!
No comments:
Post a Comment